Tuesday, November 17, 2009

As the economy turns.....

Finally, it looks like the economy is turning around and the recession may be ending, or at least this is the end of the begining....

I saw that Modis was aquired by Adecco recently for a multiple of over 9x's earnings, which indicates at least to me that Adecco sees the staffing business as starting to grow once again and should be an excellent year for them in 2010.

As I previously posted, the first signs of the end of the recession should be an increase in 'temporary hiring'....in our business, we are seeing new business start to come from a variety of customers, not just one or two. I.T. staffing has ramped up, Healthcare staffing never ramped down.....manufacturing is slow still from what I hear, and Accounting Finance staffing has remained steady throughout the recession. I don't know how many budgets have been unfrozen within the Fortune 1000, but there does seem to be a thaw so far during the 4th quarter of 2009. Only time will tell, but for those people who are still unemployed, 2010 may be the year that we all put this behind us and are able to move forward.

I hope so.

No comments: